Sunday, February 15, 2009

The loss of control

I can't describe the overwhelming feeling of information I have gained and appreciation from watching this video. This is the story of Ian Waterman, a man who at the age of 19 woke up unable to move. He had lost the nerves that controlled body movement, so an easy task as to put a fork of food into your mouth, became an impossible job. Ian still has his sense of pain and temperature, but lost the sense of touch. I have truly gained a sense of appreciation for my functioning body.
This video has two parts in it, and both are around 20 minutes long, but I highly recommend you take the time to watch this. It's miraculous how complex the human body is.

Watch The Man Who Lost His Body [Part 1] | View More Free Videos Online at Veoh.com

No comments:

Post a Comment